Centre for Industrial Scientific Technological Information and Documentation (CISTID)
“Assisting you with your standards information needs”
The Centre for Industrial Scientific Technological Information and Documentation (CISTID) situated at the Seychelles Bureau of Standards, Providence is the national reference library for information on current Seychelles, foreign and International standards and publications.
The Centre hold a collection of various standards published by the:
- Seychelles Bureau of Standards (SBS);
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO);
- International Electro-technical Commission (IEC);
- Joint FAO/WHO Food Standards Programme (Codex);
International Organization for Legal Metrology (OIML);
- British Standards Institutions (BSI);
- SADC Cooperation in Standardisation Programme (SADC Harmonised Standards);
- COMESA Standardisation and Quality Assurance Programme (COMESA Harmonised Standards).
- Standard from other foreign, regional and International bodies are procured upon demand from customers.
The Benefits of using standards
Using standards can offer a set of powerful business and marketing tools for organizations of all sizes.
You can use them to fine-tune your performance and manage the risks while operating in more efficient and sustainable ways.
They’ll allow you to demonstrate the quality of what you do to your customers; and they help you to see how to embed best practice into your organization.
1. Improving performance
Success is all about how you perform at every level of your organization. Standards promote a culture of continual improvement.
2. Becoming more sustainable
By helping you to take a close look at how you’re using energy and resources, using our standards can save you money and improve your image while benefiting the environment.
3. Standards for services
If you’re operating in a service industry, you need to pay close attention to your processes to ensure quality doesn’t slip. A whole range of service standards which are available can help you out.
4. Reducing business risk
Businesses today simply can’t afford to take an improvised, reactive approach to risk. Using standards can help you to identify your risks and minimize them.
5. Encouraging innovation
In a global economy of rapidly emerging new technologies and markets, standards help set the rules and establish the frameworks, making it easier to innovate successfully.